1752579 Members
4427 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Remote Support Software Manager - Package Download Fails

Dan Tonetta
Occasional Contributor

Remote Support Software Manager - Package Download Fails

All the tests and connections seem to be working but I recieve: The check for package updates failed due to the following error:
The command: C:\PROGRA~1\Hewlett-Packard\SWMAgent\\runchannel.exe https://isee-updates.americas.hp.com:443/Core/Custom/SubscriptionConfig was written to C:\PROGRA~1\Hewlett-Packard\SWMAgent\SWM\CLI\queue\1199460903304\request.txt but was not processed after 120000 miliseconds.
I tried to increase the bandwidth and I have made sure all the proxy settings are correct. Like I said all the tests pass with no problems. Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
Dan Tonetta
Occasional Contributor

Does anyone know what I can try with this?
ProLiant Mike
Occasional Advisor

The only thing that has worked for me is a remove and reinstall. However, each time HP releases an update to HP SIM, I have to remove and reinstall.

I have called this in but gotten no help. Any help for a permanent resolution would be greatly appreciated.
Brandon Long
Advisor

I am having the same problem, but only with SIM installations that are on Virtual Machines. I have one install on a physical server and it is working correctly. (slow, but correctly.) It doesn't make sense that it would work for a physical server and not a VM.