108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Remote Support has not been registered

SOLVED
Go to solution
cscherb
Advisor

Remote Support has not been registered

I have some serios problems in regsitering for remote support in HPSIM.

Registration for Remote Support via "Options - Remote Support Configuration and Service" failed after entering the data in the form and clicking "Submit Updates and Register".

"Updateing the information and registering the client" is displayed and then the display is switching back to the form where "Remote Support has not been registered" is displayed in the top header. I tried this multiple times with the same result.

In the logfile "...\Hewlett-Packard\RemoteSupport\logs\iseeclient.log" the following is recorded:

20071021_17:34:06 | ISEEClient | always | TPMListener.cxx:221 | Received IPC to submit transport item to the queue.
20071021_17:34:06 | ISEEClient | always | FileQueue.cxx:92 | Added a transport item to the request queue. 33CF0B3E-4D15-4F16-95B2-7BE94DD61439
20071021_17:34:07 | ISEEClient | error | ResponseHandler.cxx:227 | ERROR DURING TRANSPORT, transport type=registration submission id=33CF0B3E-4D15-4F16-95B2-7BE94DD61439 Error details: error code=100 error string=Failed to get GDID! isClient=true
20071021_17:34:08 | Registration | fatal | regIncident.cxx:175 | 100: Registration failed.

What does "Failed to get GDID!" mean ?
5 REPLIES 5
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Re: Remote Support has not been registered

Check your firewall settings to see if the Remote Support tool is being blocked.

James.
cscherb
Advisor

We are using a proxy server and communication from HPSIM via proxy server to internet is working fine (e.g. visiting the URL https://services.isee.hp.com/version/ as described in the "HP Service Essentials Remote Support Pack Configuration and Usage Guide" on page 13 ["AFTER you configure your network for Remote Support, it is recommended that you test
connecitivity to the HP Support Center from the CMS by visiting this URL
https://services.isee.hp.com/version/. You should see the RSP version number displayed on an otherwise blank page."])
A. Edens
Frequent Advisor
Solution

CSCHerb,

We had some similar strange error messages and failures.

Are you attempting to register from a machine that you are accessing via Microsoft Terminal Service?

If so, try adding the /console switch to mstsc.exe before you run it. Better yet, don't register using the TS client at all. Do it via console or iLo if possible.

I am not sure this will resolve your issue, but it did fix the problems I was having with registration.
cscherb
Advisor

Using terminal client with /console switch to connect to the HPSIM server and opening the browser to connect to the local machine the registration was sucessfull !
cscherb
Advisor

The suggestion of A. Eden solved the problem - thanks a lot !