1752756 Members
4673 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Remote Support problem

Bart Korsten
Occasional Advisor

Remote Support problem

Installation works OK. Remote Support settings also work and I am able to update my data to isee. But when I open the "Remote Support Services" tab in Remote Support Configuration and Services I get the following :

HTTP Error: cURL ERROR: 60: SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details:
error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failedurl: https://127.0.0.1:50002/mxsoap/services/MxpiMain5_1http_code: 0header_size: 0request_size: 0filetime: -1ssl_verify_result: 0redirect_count: 0total_time: 0namelookup_time: 0connect_time: 0pretransfer_time: 0size_upload: 0size_download: 0speed_download: 0speed_upload: 0download_content_length: 0upload_content_length: 0starttransfer_time: 0redirect_time: 0
14 REPLIES 14
U. Rasmussen

I'm afraid I don't have a solution for this one, but I'm experiencing a similar issue. When i go into "Remote Support Services", I get the following message:

"HTTP Error: CURL Extension, or OpenSSL extension w/ PHP version >= 4.3 is required for HTTPS"

No servers are shown in the list either, and no entitlement icons like before.

I've tried this on IE on several different versions and also directly on the server, same issue. Anyone have a solution for this one?
Martin Kers
Occasional Advisor

Anybode who has a solution for this problem ? Do have the exact same error.
Already switched over from a proxy-connection to a direct connection to HP.

Bart, do you use your own certificates in HPSIM ?
Bart Korsten
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

I do not use my own cert's because this results in a nonfunctional VMM service. But that's an other problem :) The weird thing is that if I use the command "Contract and warranty Data Collection" on the option menu, the machines get identified correctly and support contracts are found at HP.
L Davis
Advisor

I too have the exact same error. I have logged a job with HP and they are trying to help me out. Just wondering if any of you guys worked out what the problem was? Or did you go for the rebuild. If HP figure out what is going on I will post it here. Cheers.
Clancy

Any news on this thread? I am experiencing this problem and I *did* install our own certificate.
IRS4Ever
Occasional Advisor

As you may or may not know, this error is generated by the System Management Home page when there is a Cert failure or mismatch. You can get around this error by opt'ing to not check the cert. To do this perform the following steps:

On the CMS:
1. Locate the file isee-soap-calls.php in the c:\hp\hpsmh\data\htdocs\isee\ directory.

2. Make a copy of this file as a backup.

3. Using Notepad, open the
isee-soap-calls.php file and locate the following line:

$cert['verifyhost'] = 0;

4. Insert the following line after the line lcoated in step 3:

$cert['verifypeer'] = 0;

The updated file should now contain:

$cert['verifyhost'] = 0;
$cert['verifypeer'] = 0;

5. Save the file and either refresh the page in SIM or logout and back in again.

6. If this fails to resolve the problem or casues additional problems, restore the original file.
I am an HP employee
John Hossbach
Occasional Advisor

Has anyone been able to actually fix this problem yet?
John Hossbach
Occasional Advisor

Ok.

I HAVE A FIX!!!

This problem will occur when you give SIM any certificate that is not self-signed. This includes VeriSign-signed certificates as well as company CA-signed (e.g. Windows Certificate Authority) certificates.

These actions need to be carried out on the HP SIM server.

1. Export the CA certificate in base-64 format and save the file and take note of the path (e.g. c:\myca.cer).

2. Open the C:\hp\hpsmh\data\htdocs\isee\unified-collector\xml\uc-configuration.xml and locate the line that begins with
Example:

3. Move your myca.cer file to the directory specified in the value on this line (e.g. c:\hp\sslshare).

Now, the full path to your myca.cer file should be c:\hp\sslshare\myca.cer

NOTE: In the XML file, you should use the forward-slash (/). Windows normally specifies path names with a backslash (\).

4. Update the "value" value on the
Syntax:

Example:

5. Open the C:\hp\hpsmh\data\htdocs\isee\xml\isee-gui-configuration.xml and locate the line that begins with
Example:

6. Update the "value" value on the
Syntax:

Example:

------------------
DONE!

The isee-gui-configuration.xml file fixes the problem on the Entitlement tab.
The uc-configuration.xml file fixes the problem with all the other tabs.
John Lernihan
Occasional Advisor

Has anyone managed to resolve this issue yet using either of the fixes above?