1753882 Members
7813 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

Remove VCRM in SIM

Craje

Remove VCRM in SIM

Greetings,

I'm having an issue with the SIM repository that I've been working on for a bit now. In SIM 7.1, under 'Options > Software/Firmware > Version Control Repository...', we have multiple (Around 50, due to sloppy imaging) nodes in this list that shouldn't be there.

After checking some of these servers, there's no software to uninstall in 'Add/Remove Programs', but there is a VCRM service as well as a 'Repository' folder and a 'VCRM' folder in the HP folder. Disabling this service doesn't cause any change, neither does completely deleting and re-adding the server into SIM.

Has anyone run into this issue or have any insight on how I can fix it?

1 REPLY 1
SwisspostIT
Valued Contributor

Re: Remove VCRM in SIM

Hi,

normally you should see under the "add / remove programs" section an entry called "HP Version Control Repository Manager".

However, if you can't see that, try following:

Open Windows Registry (regedit) and go to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall (for x64 OS: HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall) and search for the entry fo the HP Version Control Repository Manager.

If you've found it, copy the Value of the "UninstallString" and run it in an cmd.exe with elevated privileges.

This should uninstall your HP VCRM.

Regards,