Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing HP software from Proliant

Removing HP software from Proliant

I have 2 simular problems.

1 I had a DL380G2 running Win 2K3. Using PlateSpin I migrated the server to a new BL465 G1 and updated the PSP to 7.9.
Now SIM is showing an alert for the software, and when I look at it is saying that the "HP ProLiant Smart Array Device Manager Extension for Windows Server 2003" Version 6.0.0.32 is out of date and shoud be upgraded. If I try to upgrade it I get a error 3, that the software is not needed on the system. I assume that the new hardware does not need that software. How can I remove the "HP ProLiant Smart Array Device Manager Extension for Windows Server 2003" so that I no longer get the SIM alert that it is outdated?

2 I have 4 DL385G2 Servers that run Win 2K3 They are showing that the "HP StorageWorks Fibre Channel Adapter Kit for the x86 Emulex Storport Driver" is out of date, but it will not allow me to update it because it is not needed on the server (there are no Emulex HBAs in the server). How do I remove the "HP StorageWorks Fibre Channel Adapter Kit for the x86 Emulex Storport Driver" so I stop seeing the alerts? I deleted the ELXPLUS.sys and OEM5.inf and OEM6.inf and rebooted but that did not clear up the issue.
Any help is appreciated.

Chris
1 REPLY
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Re: Removing HP software from Proliant