New Discussion

Report of empty bays in C7000 Enclosure

SOLVED
Go to solution
SwisspostIT
Valued Contributor

Report of empty bays in C7000 Enclosure

Hello,

does someone knows a good way to make a report of all empty bays in multiple C7000 Enclosures?

I tried with HP SIM Reporting and was able to get a list of all Blades with their assigned Enclosure.

But with 50+ Enclosures it's a big effort to count all empty bays together like that (and even bigger if you need to make this kind of report a few times a year...)

Regards,

7 REPLIES 7
stevenliutj
Advisor

Re: Report of empty bays in C7000 Enclosure

Hello,

Please make sure target of reprot is all systems, and all systems include all equipment.(Blade, enclosure etc.)
Steven
SwisspostIT
Valued Contributor

hi Steven,

I've made the report on all systems and that wasn't a problem. The problem is that in this report you don't see empty bays like in the "showall" report from the Onboard Administrator...

So after the report you can only count the filled bays and subtract them from the total number of bays but for 50+ enclosures this is a big effort to make...

What I need is a report or something which can calculate the number of empty bays in a range of enclosures automatically (so that it could be recalculated after a few weeks/months/years) ...

Regards,

stevenliutj
Advisor

Hi Ville,

First, you should know that SIM's report is not enough flexible, and especially add some extra condition by your query.

Second, I don't know if you notice result of HP Blade System view as picture, and you will find nothing when your cursor moves on the empty bay. So I thought SIM DB doesn't include records of empty bay.

If you want to learn further information, you may contact HP hotline.

SwisspostIT
Valued Contributor
Solution

hi stevenliutj,

we have now a tool which collects the showall reports of multiple enclosures through Putty and made a script which reads all these reports and counts all empty bays together...

So thread can be closed!

Thanks for all Informations!

regards,

stevenliutj
Advisor

Hi Ville,

Great!   you are welcome!

BR Steven

dheirnich
Occasional Visitor

What was this tool?

Where's the tool that collects the bay information?  Thanks!