Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752728 Members
6054 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Resetting System Management Homepage Admin password?

Jeff Hampton

Resetting System Management Homepage Admin password?

I have several servers in my organization that I have inherited that I cannot get into the System Management Homepage due to the previous admin not putting the proper password in upon server build. Is there a way that I can reset the local password for the admin account that is used for the servers system management homepage? Thanks for the help!! :)

P.S. Thi sthread has been moevd from ITRC server mgmt (Insight Manager 7) Forum to ITRC HP Systems Insight Manager Forum - HP Forums Moderator

7 REPLIES 7
Olivier_19
Advisor

Re: Resetting System Management Homepage Admin password?

If its on Windows I think you must reinstall the agents. you can do it manually - it will ask for a password - or with Remote Deployment Utility and preconfiguration. On Netware, you could simply follow theses steps:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=175033
Phil Savage
Occasional Advisor

A quick way to do it is to update the CPQHMMD.ACL file on each server with a version from a server you own and know the password for
Dierauer Roger
Occasional Advisor

Dear Forum Members
Cool, this question about i think a long time :-)
But! how i change in a tru64 cluster the password?

when i find a solution about this, i am verry happy!

kind regards
speedyx
Fleurke
Occasional Advisor

Don't forget to restart the foundation-agents! Best is to use the ACL of the CIM server.
roberto reyes jr

i have newly installed Windows 2003 on DL360 and DL380 using the same administrator password for all 7 of them. suprisingly NONE of the strong administrator passwords were authenticated!!! can yo believe this. i hope HP does something to this. Smart Start 7.

anyway, the easiest work around is to fake a PSP installation on any workstation, in my case a Win XP PIII, and it will ask you to enter and confirm the passwords for the 3 accounts. Enter you password and proceed. Once the \compaq\wbem\CPQHMMD.ACL is created, copy this file and overwrite the same on the proliant servers.

as you go on with the workstatioin PSP installation it will promt a message to abort because it will destroy your current installation (workstation), abort the installation.

i hope this helps u guys
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

In PSP 7.20 now available, the administrator/operator/user accounts previously embedded into the web agent have been eliminated in favor of operating system level security. You no longer have to manage/maintain passwords for all of the web agents.
Richard Litchfield
Respected Contributor

David's reply above is correct for Windows and Linux agents (maybe others too) but not for NetWare. The NetWare agents only use port 2301 with the embedded administrator/operator/user accounts. The passwords for these must be managed separately.