108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Restricted viewing to System Homepage from SIM

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dwayne Skinner
Frequent Advisor

Restricted viewing to System Homepage from SIM

We have an Operations department that is now using SIM 5.x to monitor servers in our environment. We want them to be able to tell us what is causing a server to have an alert in the Hardware Status (HS) column. We have a few servers that allow them to click on the alert icon and it takes them to the System Homepage without logging in using some kind of access that gives "view" only rights. They can then drill down on the colored links until they can get more detailed information concerning the error. Most of the other servers do require a login at the System Homepage which Ops doesn't have.

How can I get all of my servers to use this "view" only access?

I would like to avoid creating a limited login on each servers Homepage if possible. We never set anything up like this on the servers that are working this way so I'm assuming that its something within SIM itself.
9 REPLIES 9
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Restricted viewing to System Homepage from SIM

Hy Dwaine,

This is why:
in youre Home page manegement>Setting>Securite
A_IP Binding-Nothing
B_IP Restricted Login-Nothing
C_Local Server Certificate-Nothing
D_Local/Anonymous Access-Nothing
IMPORTANT-->>E_Trust Mode>Secure Trust Modes:Trust by Certificate
IMPORTANT-->>F_Trusted Management Servers>Importe you Insight server certificate
G_User Groups-Nothing.

from there on it will from hp insight no logon
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

When you re server will be in the client server and up loaded the certificate you will not have any problem any more!

Please do not ferget to apply you re point ,FYI: there situade in every message next to the DATE and TIME as UNASSIGNED

Have a nice day!!
Dwayne Skinner
Frequent Advisor

You were right, both of you.

I assigned pts.

Is there a way to automate this process or do I have to login to each server? I have over 200 physical boxes this has to be done to and the amount of work is going to be prohibitive.
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Sorry i don't think so!
Rancher
Honored Contributor

If you configure the homepage with those settings in the repository, you should be able to push it out to your servers.
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Rancher????More DETAIL!
Ain't repository for EXE?(driver,Utility,ect.. not setting?)
Rancher
Honored Contributor

If you go into the Repository, to to the Catalogue tab. There you can choose the option on the left that says "Configure a component." You can then select the System Management Homepage and configure the settings there. Then you can push that component out to your servers.
Dwayne Skinner
Frequent Advisor

I wasn't able to find Repository > Catalog in my system. I eventually called the HP support number and someone told me how to do this.

He had me go to Configure > Configure or Repair Agents. Then select the servers followed by entering a login has admin rights to the System Homepage. Take checkmarks off everything except Trust relationship.

This pushes the certificate to each homepage on the servers.

FYI
Dwayne Skinner
Frequent Advisor

I appreciate all the helps guys. I've assigned points to everyone who participated.