1753912 Members
8859 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SIM 4.2 to 5.0 Install Question?

Nathan_44
Occasional Contributor

SIM 4.2 to 5.0 Install Question?

I'm upgrading 5.0 and the install selects the master database on the SQL server instead of my SIM database. I can only set the password and change the port number in this window.

Any suggestions?
6 REPLIES 6
Albert_39
Advisor

I'm installing using a remote database as well and I have the same problem. I ran it on my test server to make sure it didn't just create the correct database and it DIDN'T. It actually starting populating tables in the master database.
Albert_39
Advisor

Almost forgot. Mine is a fresh install.
Albert_39
Advisor

Must be a bug in the install. The second Time I ran the install master was listed as a database but an ODBC connection was defaulted to Insight_v50_0_164841515. Thats where the second install actually installed.

The odd thing was I had an odbc connection to a non existant Insight_v10 database as well.

Note: I still had to clear lots of stuff from my master database from the first install.
Martin Greser
Occasional Advisor

I'm installing using a remote database as well and I have the same problem. I canceled the installation.

Any suggestions for using and upgrading the existing 4.2 DB on a remote sql-server?

thx
Never touch a running system!
Eric Snyder
Occasional Contributor

Was there any resolution to this? I am upgrading to 5.0 and, as others have found, I am lockled into using the master database.
Aravindh Rajaram
Honored Contributor

That is not a bug. That is how the installer is supposed to work. Actually during the fresh install, the installer connects to the master DB first, then creates a new DB for HPSIM and then uses the newly created DB. During the upgrade, the installer connects to the master DB first, then modifies the HPSIM DB schema to fit in the new changes and then uses the HPSIM DB. So there is no problem if you see "master" in the installer screen. You can go ahead with the installation.