Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM 5.0 & SMI-S - EVA

Tony Glynn
Frequent Advisor

SIM 5.0 & SMI-S - EVA

Hi All.

Anyone had any success getting SMI-S/EVA working on SIM5? I have installed the provider on our SMA and can see the provider from the SIM server using wbemdisco (but only on 5988 NOT 5989) including the SAN's. WBEMCAP also works well (again under 5988 only)

Problem is - nothing I do from SIM, discovery, event registration, WMI proxy configuration etc will get the SIM console to show any details of the storage system. The SIM and SMA are on the same VLAN so there is no firewall action going on. SIM can see our tape libraries (as storage devices). I have the same user/password combo in the WBEM section of the global protocols as the WBEMCAP GUI.

Can anyone suggest something else to try. Is there a log of some sorts that shows what discovery is actually doing?
Just because you ain't paranoid - doesn't mean someone isn't trying to get you!
5 REPLIES
Ole Thomsen_1
Trusted Contributor

Re: SIM 5.0 & SMI-S - EVA

I have the exact same scenario.

Read in another post that reinstalling SIM solved the problem, and that's what I intend to do.

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=970340

Ole
RobSmith
Frequent Advisor

Check the config for your CIM provider, and make sure the CIM server is running.

hewlett packard\SMI-S\cimom\cim.properties I think is the file. Make sure that enableHTTPS is set to True, and that SIM is looking to port 5989 to connect.

You also need to set up the authenticated accounts to the CIM provider using the userAccountsManager.bat command.

Does that help at all? I got it working on mine, using these steps.
RobSmith
Frequent Advisor

Check the config for your CIM provider, and make sure the CIM server is running.

program files\hewlett-packard\cim.properties I think is the file. Make sure that enableHTTPS is set to True, and that SIM is looking to port 5989 to connect.

You also need to set up the authenticated accounts to the CIM provider using the userAccountsManager.bat command.

Does that help at all? I got it working on mine, using these steps.
RobSmith
Frequent Advisor

Bad path there, sorry.

\program files\hewlett-packard\SMI-S\cimom\cim.properties

That should be it
Tony Glynn
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Rob,

That got it going in the end. Problem is there are 2 passwords. One is the System management homepage password - which is also the same as the "Legacy password" - which is also the same as the "EVA API Password"

And then there is the SMI-S user password. Once I figured you needed to set these 2 to be the same and configure the WBEM settings in SIM... It all came together.

These multiple password locations really P...me off. RSM has yet another PW as well. In the end I'm just using one User/PW combination for the lot.

Has anyone got the SMI-S providers for McData switches running yet

Cheers

Tony
Just because you ain't paranoid - doesn't mean someone isn't trying to get you!