Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753479 Members
4842 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SIM 5.0 : can't clear events without being administrator ?

OlivierV
Trusted Contributor

SIM 5.0 : can't clear events without being administrator ?

Hello.
I have created a user in the AD my test SIM 5.0 CMS is member of. No problem to log in SIM but this user can't clear the events in the collection it is managing, the clear button never appears.
The user has 'limited' rights and 'All Tools' for the collection and the CMS. But still no button. However the options/events/clear events menu is available.
How do I configure that to allow a user to clear/delete the events of the device he is managing ?
Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3
OlivierV
Trusted Contributor

I add some informations :

using enterprise manager, I see the operator
group PrivilegeCode is 1573504. A group created (say Group1) using the operator group for template has a PrivilegeCode of 1049216. Is that normal ?
An account that is member of Group1 has a PrivilegeCode of 1049216 when SIM creates it at the first logon. Normal.
I changed this code to 1573504 (no worry, this is a test SIM server), but still no Clear buttonfor the events. The Group1 has 'All tools' for 'All managed systems' and 'Monitor tools' for the CMS.
What are the rights I must grant to a group/user to allow them the right to clear/delete their events ?

Thank you.
OlivierV
Trusted Contributor

Hello All.
Is one of you having any suggestion on how to clear events without being administrator ? The undocumented way of doing that in SIM 4.2 provided by David CLAYPOOL does not work with 5.0
Regards.
Todd Schelin
Valued Contributor

As far as I know there is no way. I have asked HP about this and I was informed that might be something they have included in the future.

Also, I did not know there was a hack either.