New Discussion юеВ

Re: SIM 5.0 discovering all systems

SOLVED
Go to solution
ike Amador
Advisor

SIM 5.0 discovering all systems

Hello,

well, I finally have the SIM 5.0 up and running. I shut down sim 4.2 server. I manually added 3 systems. They were added successfully. This weeekend I scheduled a full automatic discovery on all systems on the LAN.

It stated it pinged 254 and processed 253. But when I click on All systems, I only see the 3 systems I manually discovered.

Am I missing a step in configuration? Thanks alot for your help!

Ike
4 REPLIES 4
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor
Solution

At a guess, SNMP has not been configured on the remote servers to allow access to the new HPSIM Server.
And you still have Filters enabled under the Discovery tab preventing "Unknown" devices to be displayed.
ike Amador
Advisor

Rob, thanks for the reply. On the remote servers I did change the SNMP trap IP address to point to the new SIM server. Is that what you meant? I will check the filter and make sure its not on for display unknown filter.
ike Amador
Advisor

Ok, I found the problem. I was putting in the wrong "inclusion" IP range. so it saw none of the new devices on the new IP block.
Its working now!
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Ike,
Yes, the Trap Destination will change, but also SNMP in W2K3 defaults to "Accept SNMP from selected hosts" and you need the IP or Name of the HPSIM Server there as well.
W2K SNMP defaults to "Accept all hosts"