Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752294 Members
4785 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SIM 5.1 and C-Class Blades

SIM 5.1 and C-Class Blades

Got a SIM 5.1 install and 3 seperate C-Class Blade chassis with BL465C's. The SIM install is also tracking about 200 other Proliant class standard form factor server (DL's)

I set the C-Class chassis and OBA's up with SIM integration on and the SIM server cert imported, Trust by Certificate on, full SNMP settings pointing at the SIM server.

If I install a blade with OS (Win2003R2) and full HP agent drivers and set, configure the Server Homepage for SNMP, the SIM server, import the cert etc .. But I don't manually import it into the SIM server and let Discovery handle it, I get the server indentified by a rackname with the "in Encl." name name in the same System Name field, but its set for "Monitoring of the system is suspended indefinately" and I can't turn it on in the edit system properties.

If I delete that System Name and Manual discover by the FQDN I get a good Monitored system into the SIM DB, but no Enclosure link - just like its a stand-alone DL server.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make the Server\Enclosure System Name work and be "Monitored"?

TIA ... Mike
2 REPLIES 2
Neal Bowman
Respected Contributor

Mike,
Did you set the SNMP to allow SNMP queries from the SIM server? By defualt, that is disabled, so you may see the server in SIM, but not much more info will be available.
Neal Bowman
Respected Contributor

I was referrring to SNMP in Win2003. Sorry about leaving that out.