1753891 Members
7676 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SIM 5.1 and FC switch MIB information

Kenneth!
Frequent Advisor

Hmmm... i'm quite sure that the error messages will stay after a reboot.. (at least in my case.)

Please let me know your experiences.
I get these messages after rebooting a blade (which causes the FC port to go down and up again)
Octavio Gramajo
Occasional Advisor

Same problem... any idea?
Thanks!!!!
Maxim Revutskiy
Valued Contributor

"Mib data does not match the trap, make sure the latest version of the MIB is registered." Appears because switch send 3 variables, but in mib files defined only 2 variables for this trap.

I did next things to correct it:
1. Open fa-mib40.cfg
2. Found connUnitStatusChange TRAP-TYPE
3. Change VARIABLES ... to VARIABLES { connUnitPortStatus, connUnitPortState, connUnitPortName }
4. run "mxmib -a fa-mib40.cfg"

After that variable description seems correct
mahesh jadhav

To resolve the issue perform the following actions.

Edit the fa-mib40.mib as explained below

1) Edit the fa-mib40.mib file currently being used.

( It will be under c:\program files\HP\systems insight manager\mibs )

Change the last entry in the file on the VARIABLES line from: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

connUnitPortStatusChange TRAP-TYPE

ENTERPRISE fcmgmt

VARIABLES { connUnitPortStatus, connUnitPortState }

DESCRIPTION

"The overall status of the connectivity unit has changed.

Recommended severity level (for filtering): alert"

::= 6

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TO: [you will notice the addition of the connUnitPortName ]:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

connUnitPortStatusChange TRAP-TYPE

ENTERPRISE fcmgmt

VARIABLES { connUnitPortStatus, connUnitPortState, connUnitPortName }

DESCRIPTION

"The overall status of the connectivity unit has changed.

Recommended severity level (for filtering): alert"

::= 6

2) Save the file.

3) Once this is done, go to command prompt & go to following path

( c:\program files\HP\systems insight manager\mibs\ )

Run the following commands.

mcompile fa-mib40.mib
mxmib -d fa-mib40.mib
mxmib -a fa-mib40.cfg

With the changes stated and commands run, the variable connUnitPortName will show correctly. Also, the connUnitPortName variable will send an empty string by default. You would need to assign the port name to all the switch ports to implement this feature on a port.

Let us know the results.
Maxim Revutskiy
Valued Contributor

mcompile fa-mib40.mib will overwrite fa-mib40.cfg with newly compiled one, doesn't it? So all changes we made would dissapear.

In my case it was not necessary to run mcompile and mxmib -d, i just add new variable to fa-mib40.cfg and run mxmib -a fa-mib40.cfg
Simon Ho (UK)
Advisor

I recently set up SIM 5.3 on two separate servers on two identical sites, and was seeing the exact same event reports against four HP StorageWorks 4/8 SAN switches (two at each site).

I've just followed Mahesh's instructions precisely, i.e. editing, then recompiling to generate a new fa-mib40.cfg file, then deleting the old one with mxmib -d and implementing the new one with mxmib -a.

Subsequently when checking the SAN switch events through the SIM GUI, all the connUnitPortStatusChange events that were listed previously have disappeared.

Perfect! Thanks Mahesh.
mahesh jadhav

Hi Simon,

Good to know the issue is resolved after following the steps.

How about Assigning some points !!!!!!

Cheers,
Simon Ho (UK)
Advisor

Mahesh, I would gladly assign points but I can't see how. I think it may be limited to only the thread originator, unless you can show me otherwise.
mahesh jadhav

You can click on the the link on the first post which reads

Note: If you are the author of this question and wish to assign points to any of the answers, please login first.For more information on assigning points ,click here
Simon Ho (UK)
Advisor

Sorry Mahesh, I'm not the author of the original question, so no link is provided for me to assign points. But thanks again for providing a solution.