Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752805 Members
5673 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SIM 5.1 asking for login credentials 3 times?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Celio Correia
Advisor

SIM 5.1 asking for login credentials 3 times?

Hello,

Since I upgraded to HP SIM 5.1 I now have to type my login credentials 3 times.

Do you guys know why?

Thank you.
12 REPLIES 12
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hey Celio,
Single Login allows a link within an HP Systems Insight Manager (HP SIM) page to establish an authenticated browser session to a managed system that supports Single Login without requiring users to re-enter their user
names and passwords. However, if you are trying to establish an authenticated browser session with another instance of running on another system, you must re-enter your user name and password. Single Login links exist wherever there is a link to another system.

HP SIM is the initial point of authentication, and browsing to another managed system must be
from within HP SIM.If you browse to a managed system using any method other than the links within HP SIM, Single Login is
not supported, and you are required to enter the appropriate user name and password for each managed
system. Managed systems must be set up to trust an HP SIM system before accepting a Single Login command. Trust is set up at the system by importing the HP SIM system certificate into the Trusted Management Servers List of the system.
If you browse to a managed system using any method other than the links within HP SIM,
Single Login is not supported, and you are required to enter the appropriate user name and password for each managed system.
Single Login does not work on a Virtual Cluster System. However, it does work on the physical systems which compose the cluster.

Regards,
James.
Celio Correia
Advisor

Hello,

Thanks for your answer but I'm was talking about signing in to the HP SIM 5.1 (CMS) console.

It's weird but I have to type my domain user credentials and click sign in for 3 times until the console screen is displayed.

Why is this?
Mazda
Regular Advisor

Are you using IE, Firefox or other?
Have you tried in both if both are installed?
Celio Correia
Advisor

I have tried with Firefox and with IE but the result is the same.

Thanks weird.
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I have found this does this for me if you hit the "Enter" key to login instead of clicking on the "Sign In" button with your mouse.

Try that and let me know if it logs you in the first try.

Nelson
Celio Correia
Advisor

Hello,

I've just tried clicking on "Sign in" after filling in my credentials but everything going blank again until I do it 2 more times...
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

sorry then, I have no clue :(

Nelson
Celio Correia
Advisor

This SIM 5.1 installation is an upgrade from SIM 4.2. Maybe I should uninstall everything and reinstall from scratch ? I have other issues like the single sign on to the managed systems not working.

What do you think?

Thanks.
Solution

Hi Celio,
Remove 'login.jsp' from the end of the url/shortcut link you are using to login to SIM.