1753809 Members
7668 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SIM 5.1 installed, install PMP and locked account

Mazda
Regular Advisor

SIM 5.1 installed, install PMP and locked account

I used an acocunt called '_SIMService' to install SIM 5.1. This has been running fine and I have been repairing agents over the last week. Today I installed PMP 4.3 and used the same account. In fact it does not give you a choice on what account to use it simply selects the account service account for you. The installation says that it is going to stop SIM to install. It does and the installation goes through smoothly. I then reboot. As soon as the box running Windows 2003 SP2 starts the account, _SIMService, locks out.

In services I disable the PMP service and the account does not lock out again. PMP locks the account. The password is correct as it was copied and pasted from my password management software. The password is complex with over 30 characters.

Can you suggest anything I should try. Ohh by the way, I have tried with another and the same thing happens.

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Mazda
Regular Advisor

Re: SIM 5.1 installed, install PMP and locked account

Maximum points awared for a solution.

Have you tried a "non-complex" password? Does that work? Is the issue caused by a "complex" password 30 characters long?

Just curious.

"The password is correct as it was copied and pasted from my password management software"

You sure about that? Have you tried manually typing it in?
Mazda
Regular Advisor

Yes, I have tried typing it in.....
Mazda
Regular Advisor

This is solved.

The issue is either that you can not use long passwords, passwords with odd characters or odd characters in the service account name. In any case, I have relaxed security (thanks HP) and all is working.

Mazda
Regular Advisor

solved and closed