1752800 Members
5817 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SIM 5.1sp2 installation Dbase Error Msg

Dary
Frequent Advisor

SIM 5.1sp2 installation Dbase Error Msg

During SIM installion, selecting Dbase, I am getting the following Err Msg. any idea?

"The specified database acount credentials are not valid."

Tks,
8 REPLIES 8
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: SIM 5.1sp2 installation Dbase Error Msg

You're not entering credentials that are valid on that server?
The error message is pretty clear.
If you're using a remote server you'll want to use a domain account that meets the requirements as laid out in the installation guide.
Dary
Frequent Advisor

The msg is missleading, the credentails is righ, I did use the same credentails, many times before, it worked fine. I am using Orcale as database.

what do mean by "If you're using a remote server you'll want to use a domain account" I am login into the server as admin and installing it as admin. why do I need Domain Acc?
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Well it depends where the database server is.
If it's on a different server to the HPSIM Server, then the process needs to be able to login onto that server. So your local credentials are unlikely to work for the remote server.
Not too sure how it hangs together with Oracle, especially if Oracle is installed on the same server.
Dary
Frequent Advisor

Orc. database is on the same box as SIM server, this the first time I am running into this issue.

Tks.
Oziel Ulloa

Dary: I have the same problem trying an installation against a SQL Server Database.
Supossly SIM only accept connections in mixed mode: Windows NT and SQL Server. I don't know if in Oracle works equal.
If you can make something analysis of the querys sended to the database you maybe get some information, in my case of SQL Server the login user was sended like 'null'.
Francisco Garcia_3

What is the resolution to this issue if the user account is valid? Besides the obvious of checking if the account is valid, what other areas can be checked to verify this?
Denver Griffith

I ran into the exact same situation upgrading from SIM 5.1 to 5.2 using SQL Server 2005. Found that the fix for me was to go into the Local Security Policy or GPO for the server and disable the "Domain member: Digitally enctypt or sign secure channel data (always)" policy. It can be found in the Computer Configuration section under Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options.

Hope this helps :)
Denver Griffith

Two other local policy or GPO setting I forgot to mention which you may need to change are: "Network security: Minimum security for NTLM SSP based (including secure RPC) clients" and "Network security: Minimum security for NTLM SSP based (including secure RPC) servers". I had to make sure nothing was checked on these settings.