1751971 Members
4772 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SIM 5.2.2 E-mail Page Configuration

CA1499584
Regular Advisor

SIM 5.2.2 E-mail Page Configuration

Is there any plans from HP to open the E-mail Page to be reconfigured or have user create another one.
4 REPLIES 4
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: SIM 5.2.2 E-mail Page Configuration

Where I need that functionality I use the Custom Command feature.
I use perl to manipulate the info in the parameters that are passed by HPSIM and then send the reformatted e-mail using blat - all called from the single perl script.
JEMartin

Well, with scripting languages you may even build a new SIM, but it would be certainly more convenient, if it could be possible to do by GUI. Othr thing, why isn't it possible to test e-mail functionality afterwards (like a test button in e-mail conf...
CA1499584
Regular Advisor

I like scripting and like PERL, I do a lot of PERL in my company, But to many interfaces to SIM and on the next version some one could change someting and I end up fixing my program, Why not to avoid this and get this as part of the software in SIM. It dosen't look to be a big Issue :)
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

The custom commands just extends what's there. HP have done a lot to allow the functionality to be easily extended. The variables HPSIM passes are easily accessible via a scripting language like perl.

The functionality that this allows via a simple script would be difficult to replicate via a GUI. Requirements would be completely different for different users.

Even MS with their powershell have now recognised that a GUI isn't the answer to everything.