New Discussion юеВ

SIM 5.2.2 & Brocade silkworm

SOLVED
Go to solution
Fabrizio Maggioni_2
Super Advisor

SIM 5.2.2 & Brocade silkworm

Hi all,

I would like to manage Brocade Silkworm 3900,4100,4024,4020 and 3800 into SIM 5.2.2.I configured correctly the SMI Brocade Agent and i can see correctly all the devices into SIM database.The problem is that i can't receive SNMP trap from these devices? Is there any MIB file i need to compile on my sim server? Is there any particular configuration to do?

Thankas a Lot,
Fabrizio
16 REPLIES 16
marsh_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: SIM 5.2.2 & Brocade silkworm

fabrizio,

you should'nt need to compile any mibs for these devices. are you sure the snmp setup on the switches is correct, any firewalls in the way ? does sim show links to the switches ?
Fabrizio Maggioni_2
Super Advisor

Hi,

There is a firewall but the SNMP udp port is opened.With Ethereal i can see the traps received by the SIM server.But into the SIM events browser i can' t see them.

Thanks.

Fabrizio
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

fabrizio,

to clarify your switches have been discovered by hp sim so ping is ok, if you select one of these switches in hp sim then under tools and links does the data collection report get you anything ? and is the only entry in events the discovery one or none at all.
also in main toolbar under options --> events --> event filter settings do you have any entries in here ? i have unregistered and registered events marked and an "*" for all ip
addresses

good luck

Fabrizio Maggioni_2
Super Advisor

Hi,

Into data collection reports i have correctly data provided via WBEM (SMI Agent).

The only event associated to these switch is the discover event.I will try to unregistered and registered events.( i will be on site only friday)
Can you confirm no mib files are needed?

Thanks a Lot.
Fabrizio
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

fabrizio,

no you do not need the mibs, i have a couple of 3800's that i get events from with no issues.
see what happens on friday with the filter.
Fabrizio Maggioni_2
Super Advisor

OK.

Regards
Fabrizio Maggioni_2
Super Advisor

Hi,

Unfortunatly nothing change ..

Fabrizio
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

fabrizio,

what do you have configured with snmpmibcapshow command ?
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

Of course You know that when you are manage the switches via brocade SMI agent, the events are from the machine where the agent is.

You can also configure SNMP in every switch to send traps "switch admin" --> SNMP
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi