1752753 Members
4794 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

SIM 5.2 and PMP 4.7 w/ PMP Client Logon Failures

Daniel Campbell UTPA
Occasional Advisor

SIM 5.2 and PMP 4.7 w/ PMP Client Logon Failures

I am trying to configure PMP to log the performance of an Exchange server running W2K3 Ent SP1. PMP is unable to query the WMI database on the client server.

pmplog.txt
serverIP - Query "SELECT Name, MajorVersion, MinorVersion, RevisionNumber, BuildNumber, InstanceID, IdentityInfoType, IdentityInfoValue FROM HP_SoftwareIdentity WHERE __CLASS = "HP_SoftwareIdentity"" failed: 0x80070005
serverName - WMI::UpdateAgentVersion() returned false
serverIP - Query "SELECT SerialNumber, Model FROM HP_ComputerSystemChassis WHERE __CLASS = "HP_ComputerSystemChassis"" failed: 0x80070005
serverIP - Query "SELECT Caption, Version, CSDVersion, BuildNumber, BuildType, OSType FROM Win32_OperatingSystem WHERE __CLASS = "Win32_OperatingSystem"" failed: 0x80070005
serverIP - Query "SELECT Tag, Description, ProcessorChipRevision FROM HP_ProcessorChip WHERE __CLASS = "HP_ProcessorChip"" failed: 0x80070005
serverIP - Query "SELECT CurrentClockSpeed, ExternalBusClockSpeed, Caption, OperationalStatus, DeviceID FROM HP_Processor WHERE __CLASS = "HP_Processor"" failed: 0x80070005
serverIP - Query "SELECT NumberOfHardwareThreads, NumberOfProcessorCores FROM HP_ProcessorCapabilities WHERE __CLASS = "HP_ProcessorCapabilities"" failed: 0x80070005
serverIP - Query "SELECT EnabledState FROM HP_HardwareThread WHERE __CLASS = "HP_HardwareThread"" failed: 0x80070005
serverIP - Query "SELECT ElementName, BlockSize, NumberOfBlocks, DeviceID FROM HP_ProcessorCacheMemory WHERE __CLASS = "HP_ProcessorCacheMemory"" failed: 0x80070005
serverName - Exception:LoadConfig - CPU load failed
serverName - Reschedule in 60 seconds
serverName - Critical Error

The security log on the Client Server contains 8 sets of the following entries:

Event ID: 529
Domain: clientServerIP
Logon Type: 3
Logon Process: NtLmSsp
Authentication Package: NTLM
Workstation Name: hpSIMServerName
Caller User Name: -
Caller Domain: -
Caller Logon ID: -
Caller Process ID: -
Transited Services: -
Source Network Address: hpSIMServerIP
Source Port: 3926

Event ID: 680
Error Code: 0xC0000064

I have other servers on the same Domain using the same global protocol settings that work just fine. The domain user account is a Domain Admin account and has full access to the servers. Error code: 0xC0000064 means that the account is not found. I am completely lost on this one. Has anyone else had a similar issue?
1 REPLY 1
Daniel Campbell UTPA
Occasional Advisor

Re: SIM 5.2 and PMP 4.7 w/ PMP Client Logon Failures

I was able to resolve this issue already. I removed all global wbem protocol settings from SIM using the command

mxnodesecurity -r -p wbem

This causes the wbem polling to use the proper credentials when polling the client servers. The other setup appears to have been trying to use a local account on each of the clients instead of a domain account.

Whatever the reason, it is working now.