1752595 Members
4682 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SIM 5.2 build C.05.02.01.00 lost some OS reporting functionality

Peter Turek
Frequent Advisor

SIM 5.2 build C.05.02.01.00 lost some OS reporting functionality

So far in since I rebuilt SIM and installed the latest version, C.05.02.01 (5.2 w/SP1), I have lost the ability to report on:
1) Windows servers no longer properly report CPUs (sockets). Single CPU servers often report as dual CPUs but not always.
2) Windows servers no longer report whether they are "R2" vs non-R2 win2003 server. This is the CIM_OperatingSystem table "OtherTypeDescription" column. It used to say "R2", now it just says "other". This is clearly a WMI property not being pulled from the CIM_OperatingSystem class and inserted into the database properly.

I find these sorts of things because I created a very nice ASP.NET page that pulls relevant server info I want to see into sorted lists right from the SIM database. That data is now unreliable because SIM isn't working properly.

Is there anywhere I can submit a request to fix this or is there a new version that will address it?

thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
Sam_Lees
Frequent Advisor

I am working through similar problems since upgrading to SIM 5.2.

Check that VPM is deployed to your servers and is upto date.

Will post further updates if I make any breakthroughs.
Peter Turek
Frequent Advisor

Sam,

I actually upgraded to 5.02.02, cleared out all the servers and let it rediscover all of them again and the data now populates properly.

So it appears there was either an issue with 5.02.01 or just an anomaly in my case.

It might have been as simple as just clearing out all the servers and let them repopulate.

Good luck with your upgrade.