cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM 5.2 hardware events not appearing

MikeR_4
Occasional Visitor

SIM 5.2 hardware events not appearing

I am new to SIM 5.2, and I am having difficulties understanding why I can’t seem to see any hardware status event changes in CIM 5.2. I have read many threads indicating you have to setup SNMP traps on each server; however I never did this with Insight Manger 7 SP2.3 and It worked beautifully. I was simly alerted any time a status change was found via the management web site of each server, and then I could simply check to see what the problem was. Please let me know if this is still possible. I am in a situation where my communication across VPN tunnels is only one way with my servers, so traps are not possible. I am seeing where the status of the server changes, but no event is created that could be emailed to me. Please help!
2 REPLIES
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: SIM 5.2 hardware events not appearing

From memory HPSIM 7 worked the same way.
If the Agents detect a problem, e.g. disk failure, they then send the SNMP Trap.

In SNMP for each server you must set a Trap Destination to point back to the HPSIM Server.
This can be done via the Replicate Settings functionality.

There is some polling that will recognise the agent has a degraded status and that should also be reflected in HPSIM, but it will not generate an event.
MikeR_4
Occasional Visitor

Re: SIM 5.2 hardware events not appearing

Thanks for the reply! IM 7 did log an event when degragated status was detected. It seems the SIM 5.2 just can't do this.