1752600 Members
4737 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SIM 5.2 sp2 and clusters

City_Blue
Super Advisor

SIM 5.2 sp2 and clusters

we have just installed SIm 5.2 sp2 and discoverd all our HP servers.

but we have found that out of a possible 15 clusters sim only seems to see 5 and each one of these shows up diffrent

i.e one node and cluster name or 2 nodes and no cluster name. and afew other variations.

anyone give me a few hints on what this could be and how to get the other clusters in. i have tried to discover them manualy but even this seems to fail. all the cluster nodes have been found, but as i said not all clusters.

and we build all our clusters the same (windows clusters) some are for SQL and some for none data base apps

cheers
2 REPLIES 2
Richard Drouin
Advisor

Re: SIM 5.2 sp2 and clusters

I have seen the same type of behavior and prefer to manually discover my clusters. What happens is it might discover the virtual name before picking up the physical.

Delete what was discovered (clusters) and then discover manually starting with your physical nodes, then add your virtual nodes if required. Worked for me.

I might even suggest a SIM restart after deleting to make sure everything is flushed out and, just to avoid confusion. Not sure if your using RSP but between the SIM db, WEBES and RSP I prefer to do reboots to keep things in sync.
City_Blue
Super Advisor

Re: SIM 5.2 sp2 and clusters

cheers try this

as for RSP i have another question open for that as i get it to work