4989 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SIM 5.3.0.0 SMI-S CIMOM not installed, troubleshooting using wbemdisco

Dave van Nierop
Advisor

SIM 5.3.0.0 SMI-S CIMOM not installed, troubleshooting using wbemdisco

Hello experts,

I have the same problem as identified today (SMI-S CIMOM not installed) running SIM 5.3

My target HP-UX servers are all running HP-UX 11.23 (same symptom).

Using "wbemdisco", I can get a response using the "root" namespace, but once I try to use "root/cimv2" or others (PG_InterOp, PG_Internal, cimv2/npar, cimv2/vpar), it fails with CIM_ERR_ACCESS_DENIED.

I have used cimauth to add a user "hpsim", I have a local user "hpsim" which I can login to the HP servers with. "cimauth -l" verifies the "hpsim" users authorization to the namespaces, and "cimconfig -lc" verifies that variables have been set to "true".

Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
Dave van Nierop
Advisor

After opening a HP software support case and also many hours researching the HP server setup and logs, I finally found the problem.

2 x SMI-S cmom's (CommandViewSDM and WBEM) trying to operate on the same socket.

This explains why the root namespace responded but any other namespace context would not.

http://www13.itrc.hp.com/service/mcmItrc/viewCallReq.do?callID=3605230675

Dave
Tijn
Advisor

Hi Dave,

I don't know what HP changes all the time.
Now the the link between SIM 5.3 and Command View EVA 9.1 doesn't seem to work anymore propably due to same issue you mention here.

Can you place eleborate more on the solution you got from HP.
I'm not able to view the contents of the call and I am in real need for a solution now.

It worked fine with CVE 8 by the way.

Thanks !
Dave van Nierop
Advisor

Hi,

You will find that there is most likely multiple startup scripts starting on the HP. In my case, the HP server was directly connected to a VA7100 disk array and was now moved over to a fiber channel fabric with EVA4400. As a result, HPSIM was only seeing the VA7100 architecture, and not the EVA400 as it was starting first. By stopping and then disabling the VA7100 startup, I was able to get HPSIM to see the EVA400 CIMOM data/configuration. Hope that helps.

Dave