Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM 5.3 Display Questions

Steven Petrillo
Occasional Contributor

SIM 5.3 Display Questions

Morning all,

I am running SIM 5.3 SP1. I have a couple physical servers running ESX 3.5U4that have virtuals running on top of them.

Currently in my SIM All Servers view I have the ESX hosts discovered properly, along with their contract/warranty info. On the virtuals the CW status is a ?. Is it possible to get rid of this, or have it a green check mark? Second I have a Ubuntu vm showing up in SIM as ESX Host Name_Virtual Name. Why is this being discovered as that, and is there anything I can do to configure SIM so it doesnt discover it this way?

Thanks,
Steve
3 REPLIES
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Re: SIM 5.3 Display Questions

A warranty is only associated with a physical piece of equiptment - so there is no CW status for a virtual server. It is only there for the physical ESX machine that hosts the VMs. HP should provide a better icon than a "question mark" but that is what we currently get.

Nelson
Hobbes_2
Advisor

For your Ubuntu system, sometimes SIM discovers things incorrectly. Just change the system properties to whatever you like.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

HPSIM can discover VM Servers via the host. You may want to try deleting it and re-discovering it directly.
Check you can ping the VM from the HP SIM Server