108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SIM 5.3 SP1 and Windows 2008 R2

SOLVED
Go to solution
Kevin Stamper
Advisor

SIM 5.3 SP1 and Windows 2008 R2

I've installed Windows 2008 R2 and SNMP. SIM discovers the server just fine but when the server sends SNMP traps to SIM, SIM does not receive them. There are no firewalls in between and I have hundreds of Windows 2003 servers reporting into SIM. SNMP is set up to send the traps. Anything unique with Windows 2008 R2 that I need to do?
7 REPLIES 7
fred Passeron
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi

1/is the windows 2008 r2 properly discovered by HP SIM ?

2/Check the snmp service on windows 2008 : are you sure that the trap destination is correct ?

3/ version of the insight agents installed ?

4/firewall on windows 2008 ?

hope it helps

fred
тАЬLife is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.тАЭ Isaac Asimov
Kevin Stamper
Advisor

thanks for replying.

SIM has discovered the server. SNMP is set up correctly. Firewall is disabled. We are running PSP 8.30.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

You might want to try and get another SNMP Listener installed and see if that picks up the trap. There are a few free utilities around.
That might indicate if it's HPSIM not processing it or the trap isn't getting there.
Kevin Stamper
Advisor

I used an SNMP listener. The trap isn't getting to SIM.
Peter_292
Advisor

same issue here. i sniffed traffic on interface. SNMP Packet isnt even getting out.
Taha Tungekar
Frequent Advisor

Hi Kevin,

Which antivirus are you using.

Also, do you have IP addresses assigned to more than one network interface. Could be that SIM discovered the device using one IP address and the server is sending out SNMP traps using another interface (not discovered in SIM).

Can you post the SNMP settings here (i know this might be a security risk, but you can fake the community names)

-Taha
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

As mentioned in the first reply. Trap destination and Firewalls.
The Trap destination must be set to point to the HPSIM Server and use the correct (case-sensitive) community name.
Try disabling the firewall service and rebooting.