4842 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SIM 5.3 reports on 11.11 server

Michael O'brien_1
Regular Advisor

SIM 5.3 reports on 11.11 server

Hi,

I'm trying to run an inventory report on two servers one a hp-ux 11.31 server and the other a hp-ux 11.11.

But each time I run the report it fails to report any information for the hp-ux 11.11 server, the 11.31 server reports correctly. I have even tried running the a report just for the 11.11 server but still not information is returned. The SIM server is running on hp-ux 11.31.

The hp-ux 11.11 has been discovered sucessfully and is able to send WBEM events sucessfully to the SIM server.

I quite new to using a SIM server can anybody point me in the right direction to get the SIM reporting function working for an hp-ux 11.11 server.

Thanks
Michael
2 REPLIES 2
Michael Leu
Honored Contributor

Re: SIM 5.3 reports on 11.11 server

HP-UX 11.11 systems are sometimes very old PA-RISC servers that lack the ability to report information like serial number and product number. What I have seen so far is somewhat like this:

L-Class/N-Class:
S/N -> no
P/N -> no
rp (cell based):
S/N -> YES (gets it from "parstatus" AFAIK)
P/N -> no
rx Integrity (older, up to rx7640 I think):
S/N -> YES
P/N -> no
rx Integrity (current systems):
S/N -> YES
P/N -> YES

You should be able to edit the properties of the system in SIM manually. I had to do this for about 100 "old" systems ;-/

Hope it helps...
Michael O'brien_1
Regular Advisor

Re: SIM 5.3 reports on 11.11 server

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply I seem to be having issues with older PA-RISC systems.

I'm even having trouble getting some hp-ux 11.11 servers to subscribe to WBEM events to the SIM server.

I'll look into editing the properties for the older servers.

Thanks
Michael