Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM 5 SP 5

SOLVED
Go to solution
CA1499584
Regular Advisor

SIM 5 SP 5

Do any one knows ho to save the data from "Automatic event handling" and the "system and event" customizations done.
I need to delete and reinstall the SIM 5 .....
6 REPLIES
ramesh_naik_
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SIM 5 SP 5

Hi Raymond,

You may want to check this document:
http://h10018.www1.hp.com:80/wwsolutions/misc/hpsim-helpfiles/hpsim_userGuide.pdf
Hope this helps!!!!

Regards,
rmn
CA1499584
Regular Advisor

I specificly looking on what table or files are store all my defined events(alerts) and configuration I have done in SIM. In other words If I delete everything and re install the product what table/files i need to recover from my backups to have my system back. Like when I export all my servers to a Host file I know where to find this on the directories ......
Mikael Rönnbäck
Super Advisor

Nice going posting a link to the manual, must be really looking to score points... :D

Luckily this one's only the 78 page version and not the full manual... ;-P

ramesh_naik_
Esteemed Contributor

FYI Mikael, that was a 596 page user manual for HP SIM !!!! Probably you have downloaded the wrong link or the download is not complete.
I was referring to the page:141 which tells about the systems and event monitoring and saving.

Hi Raymond,
Can I know whether you are using SQL database or MSDE?

Regards,
rmn
ramesh_naik_
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Hi Raymond,

Note: Removing HP Systems Insight Manager does not remove its database files. If you plan to reinstall HP Systems Insight Manager, you do not have to rename or remove the old database.

There is a destination where the configuration settings are stored which was mentioned in that document for the HP SIM user guide onn page-53.

It is located at C:\Program Files\HP\Systems Insight Manager\config\globalsettings.props.

You may also find the event handlers on that path itself:
C:\Program Files\HP\Systems Insight Manager\config

Tell me whether I am pointing you at the right direction.

Regards,
rmn

CA1499584
Regular Advisor

Found solution as mention on the reply