Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM 5 SP5 Ugrade awry

Larry Shaw
Frequent Advisor

SIM 5 SP5 Ugrade awry

I installed the upgrade to SP5 this morning. The upgrade appeared to complete successfully but after restarting the Web Page is not available. The MxDomainmgr service is running and collecting data which is apparently updating the database, but the Tomcat server will not start complaining that the password has been changed or is invalid.

The database is on a separate server. When I attempt a re-install, it says I must uninstall to reinstall. If I do that, will I be able to maintain my current database, and if so, what is the secret code to make that happen?

Is there a separate known workaround to this problem? I did call support and waited on hold for a half hour or so before giving up for today.
5 REPLIES
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: SIM 5 SP5 Ugrade awry

I don't think Tomcat is anything to do with HPSIM.
I don't have a Tomcat server on my HPSM Server.

it can take a while before you get access to HPSIM after a reboot etc.
Larry Shaw
Frequent Advisor

Re: SIM 5 SP5 Ugrade awry

If you look at the mxdomainmgr logs on the server, they specifically call out the Apache Tomcat server.

The server has been up for more than six hours since the last restart and no web page is available.
vivpau
Occasional Advisor

Re: SIM 5 SP5 Ugrade awry

Not a good answer, but just to tell you. I had the same problem and didn't find a solution. I have uninstalled SIM an reinstalled it but there was not visible way to use the existing database (wich is also on a separate machine). The installation process created a new database. While the old database still exists I didn't try to copy the data. Had to start the full configuration from zero.

:(
Dan Stebbins
Advisor

Re: SIM 5 SP5 Ugrade awry

Larry Shaw
Frequent Advisor

Re: SIM 5 SP5 Ugrade awry

We also opted to remove and reinstall SIM which did build a new database. We changed the database.prop file to tell the new install to connect to the old database which should have been converted. The system did run but displayed some major performance issues and some unpredictable behavior so we switched back to the new database and are now working on getting all of our nearly 1000 server rediscovered.

Thanks to those who tried to help.