108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SIM 5 home page port change?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Bill Valaski
Advisor

SIM 5 home page port change?

Has anyone had luck changing the homepage port from 50000 to anything else? I've looked in quite a few of the registry keys and configuration files, but haven't been able to find anything specific. The reason I'm trying to do this is because I'm also running the WebRoot SpySweeper Administration console from this same station, and it utilizes ports 50000, 50001, and 50003 for client distribution and updates.

Thanks!
Bill
5 REPLIES 5
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

Re: SIM 5 home page port change?

Hello Bill,

Afaik, SIM port can't be changed.However i'll double check.
Since Spysweeper is a regged copy,have you contacted Webroot support to see if Spysweeper ports can be changed?

SRH
Bill Valaski
Advisor

Sandeep, thanks for the quick reply. Yes, SpySweeper is registered, and there is a method for changing the ports *it* uses to communicate between the Admin console and the clients. It's just simpler if I can make a change that only affects 1 computer (SIM running on this station) versus 100 clients that will need to have updated settings pushed out once the communications port gets changes. Thanks!

Bill
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

Alright, makes sense what you are sayin.
Will check and let you know.

SRH
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor
Bill Valaski
Advisor

Sandeep, thanks for your links and the answer. It's not the answer I wanted to hear but I'll go ahead and modify the SpySweeper ports and re-install SIM after that takes effect. Thanks again!

Bill