1752703 Members
5931 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: [SIM 6.0] SIM server cannot detect WBEM from itself

Daniel.M
Advisor

[SIM 6.0] SIM server cannot detect WBEM from itself

Hi all, I would like to utilize the ability of WBEM Provider to capture the HBA firmware / driver info of managed systems from SIM server.

The SIM server did successfully capture those Emulex info from managed system yesterday, but just once and all info disappeared afterward. And now, even "WBEM 1.0" is not shown up in the "Management Protocols" under the SIM server system page.

I tried to go to Global Credential settings but WBEM is not shown, but only Ping and SNMP. I also tried to reboot it but no luck. Anyone could help me out of here? Thanks!!
14 REPLIES 14
Daniel.M
Advisor

And when I "Identify" the SIM server by itself, one of the strout messages is...

Critical: There are no valid WBEM / WMI credentials for the system(s).
Running WBEM rules based identifications...
Identification cannot get computer system hardware data from the WBEM / WMI providers
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

is that windows box?
Daniel.M
Advisor

SIM Server - Windows 2008 64-bit SP2
Managed Systems - Windows 2003 / 2008 SP2
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

what happens when you set WBEM and credentials and discover again? did you see that?
PNair
Frequent Advisor

Global Credential will have Sign-in credential. You can set it there or set the WBEM credential in the Options->Security->Credential->System Credential.

Daniel.M
Advisor

@PNair: I tried to add WBEM system credential in the System Credentials page, but after I pressed OK and SIM do an identification task right after this. The Critical Error still appear in the strout which said that...

Critical: There are no valid WBEM / WMI credentials for the system(s).

So somewhat the SIM server cannot detect itself has a WMI mapper proxy or it cannot detect itself has a WBEM provider. I also tried to change the WMI mapper proxy port from 5989(default) to 6989 in "C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Systems Insight Manager\config\identification\wbemportlist.xml" and "C:\Program Files\The OpenGroup\WMI Mapper\cimserver_planned.conf", but no luck.

More current settings:
In "Global Protocol Settings", WBEM is enabled

In "Global Credentials", I can't find WBEM from the list, only "Sign-in Credentials" and "SNMP Credentials"

After I selected the SIM server from the all systems page > Tool and Links > System Protocol Settings, only Ping(ICMP) settings and SNMP settings are shown

After I selected the SIM server from the all systems page > Tool and Links > System Credentials, only SNMP and Single Sign-on are shown on the list. Even I tried to add the WBEM credential to the list, it won't be shown up.

Please kindly help as I have spent a week on that already.....
Daniel.M
Advisor

One more strange thing...
From the result of "netstat -nobv", I found...

Proto Local Address Foreign Address State PID
TCP 127.0.0.1:50668 127.0.0.1:50669 ESTABLISHED 4932
[WMIServer.exe]
TCP 127.0.0.1:50669 127.0.0.1:50668 ESTABLISHED 4932
[WMIServer.exe]

Why not 6989 but 50668/50669? or is it normal behavior?
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

wmi port is normal one thats dynamic port. you can check WMI port in "c:programfiles\the open group\current.conf" https port. empty also means 5989.

if you set sign-in credential it will be used for all except WBEM.

other problem you said is credentials are not getting stored that weird. what is the SIM version?
Daniel.M
Advisor

Thanks for your reply.

SIM version is 6.0