1748211 Members
4919 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SIM 6.2 no longer can connect to SQL instance

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

SIM 6.2 no longer can connect to SQL instance

I installed a SIM 6.2 test server. The server is Windows 2008 R2 and SQL 2008 R2 (installed locally). Was working fine for a few weeks and now I get these messages:

Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication...

SSPI handshake failed with error code 0x8009030c, state 14 while establishing a connection with integrated security; the connection has been closed. Reason: AcceptSecurityContext failed. The Windows error code indicates the cause of failure.

com.hp.mx.database.DbVerificationException: Error loading database verification handler 'com.hp.mx.database.MsSqlVerificationHandler'
com.hp.mx.database.DbVerificationException: Error accessing database

The only that I can think of is that I change my password a few days. But I don't use my account for anything in SQL or SIM. I have a dedicated account for the SIM service - and that is still starting.

I used my account to INSTALL SIM, but it is not used to run any services.

SQL is running, SIM is running, just the two cannot talk to each other (or at least that is what I gather from the above logs).

Any ideas?

Thanks
Nelson
3 REPLIES 3
sam_193
Frequent Advisor

I dont think 6.2 is supporting SQL 2008 R2. I heard support is there for 6.2 udpates..
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Good point about the R2. Thanks.

I checked the database.props file and indeed my user name was listed there. I must of glazed over something and used my name by mistake.

Nelson
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Somewhere in the install I must have used my account by mistake. I am going to do a fresh install and try to figure out what I did wrong. Also possible support issue with using SQL 2008 R2.