1752779 Members
6196 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SIM 6.2 not able to communicate with ILO3

myda

SIM 6.2 not able to communicate with ILO3

Hi all

I've got a few new servers that have ILO3 in them. SIM works correctly for the servers on remote subnets, but will not communicate with any of the ILO3 on the same subnet as the SIM server. The ILO3s all work correctly otherwise and are configured the same as the remote subnet ILO3s.

Anyone got any good ideas?

TIA
5 REPLIES 5
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

What exactly is happening? With discovery filters off, HP SIM will add any device that responds to a ping, even if it can't communicate at a higher level. Are you saying the CMS can't ping the IP address of these iLOs?
shocko
Honored Contributor

Some more information is needed.

Do these ILO3 devices even show up in SIM with limited infomration?

Also, it would eb best practice to sepearte ILO traffic from normal user traffic i.e. seperate networks or VLANS.
If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
myda

Hi guys. The ILO3s will add to SIM. It worked for a couple of days, then all 3 failed at the same time and now show the error - "
MP - There is a critical problem that is preventing functionality "

Looking at the events for the 3 effected ILOs, all 3 show 'system is unreachable' at the same time on the same day.

These 3 ILOs are the only ILO3 that are on the same subnet as the SIM server. Our other ILO3 that are of different subnets are showing as OK in SIM.

Thanks for your time.
MejiaR

Hi I'm having issues with the ILO3 as well. on both my 5.3 & 6.2 SIM consoles I get an SNMP alert with the following detail.

" Remote Insight/ Integrated Lights-Out Interface Error. The host OS has detected an error in the Remote Insight/ Integrated Lights-Out interface. The firmware is not responding."

The ILO3 is currntly configured with the firmware 1.20 using drivers version 3.1.0 CHIF & 3.2.0 CORE. The only servers reporting this alert are DL580 G7 with ILO3's. Anyone have any idea on what would be causing the alert, the Insight agents seems to be registered correctly and no other issues are detected.

Thanks
sidd411
Advisor

You need to have HP SIM 6.3 to support ILO3. Please refer the release notes of 6.3
Srinivas