6150 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: SIM 6.2 not able to create wbem subscriptions

keziah
Occasional Contributor

SIM 6.2 not able to create wbem subscriptions

Installed HPSIM 6.2 and RSSC 5.5.

Having the below issues with WBEM. Please help.

HP SIM "Create subscriptions to WEBEM events " returns a failed status. Reason being "HP SIM is not configured for WBEM protocol".

I cannot start the SEA analyzer to check for WBEM events .

I have installed HP WBEM providers on all the managed servers and the CMS.

I get an error message on the systems listed on the RSSC that *Monitoring failed . WBEM is certainly not installed on the system*. The servers are not reporting on the AMC site though the CMS has registered.

Regards

Kez

4 REPLIES 4
BPE
Esteemed Contributor

Your description of the situation indicates that your system has multiple configuration issues.

• First of all I would recommend that you try to verify the event transport from system managent home page SMH ->SIM and WEBES/SEA -> remote support client -> HP or "wccproxy test" on the SIM / IRSA Server should send a test service event to HP which will be automaticly closed at HP. If your configuration is correct you should get the service event inside SIM.

Do you receive a service event inside SIM after a cmd> wccproxy test ?

• WBEM indication to SIM are optional and not used for HW failue alerting to HP. You should be able to find a white paper which should be located somewhere in the business support portal.

Try www.hp.com/go/hpsim ->Information Library as a starting point.

• the RSCC issues did you check the update time on the Remote Support Health status page?
  • SEA https://your_sim_server:7206 should work if you have a browser with java applet support!!!

Hope this helps

BPE

keziah
Occasional Contributor

Thanks BPE

I did successfully send a test event using wccproxy. however when i try to send a test event using HP WBEM agent gives me an error message "root/HPQ/nameserver denied.."

will check on the RSCC schedule

and i can now start SEA after reinstalling java.

Thank you

BPE
Esteemed Contributor

For the wbem indication be aware that the name resolution should work.

SIm discovery / identify could help.  If you run identify system again and you see DNS problems e.g reverse lookup. full qualified name, it is better to fix them first and retry the wbem subscription afterwards.

shocko
Honored Contributor

What OS is this?
If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)