1752661 Members
5710 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

SIM 6.2 not generating email alerts for failed Array Controller battery

smamm
Occasional Advisor

SIM 6.2 not generating email alerts for failed Array Controller battery

We're using HP SIM 6.2 to monitor our Proliant blades and servers.  I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem on one specific server that hasn't generated an email alert for a failed storage Array Controller battery:

Proliant DL585 G2

Smart Array P600

Accelerator Status in System Management Homepage:  Temp Disabled due to Battery Status of "Failed"

The server was missing from SIM prior to today, but I've since discovered it after installing the client agents and configuring SNMP. 

-The server has a current monitoring state in SIM of "Enabled". 

-In SIM's SNMP Trap Settings, "cpqida.mib" has trap handling enabled with a severity of "critical" assigned to it.

-In SIM's Automatic Event Handling, the default Event Collection of "Important ProLiant Events" (which includes storage events for the controller) is enabled to monitor the "All Servers" collection.

Email notifications are working with SIM in general (we get other hardware events and system offline email alerts), so I'm a bit stuck in regards to why this isn't working.

-I'm assuming that SIM would generate an alarm upon detection, as opposed to only generating an alarm for existing servers as the failed hardware event occurs (since we just added this "new" server after the battery was already in a failed state).

Anyone have an idea of why this event may not be generating an email alarm?

1 REPLY 1
shocko
Honored Contributor

Re: SIM 6.2 not generating email alerts for failed Array Controller battery

What version of the agents are you running? Are they the latest for the hardware? Also, is the array firmware up to date?

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)