Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752565 Members
5403 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: SIM 6.3 HS,MP and SW all incorrectly reported as degraded.

Computer Centre

SIM 6.3 HS,MP and SW all incorrectly reported as degraded.

Hello

We have recently installed SIM 6.3 (Using external Oracle DB). So far we have not discovered much but we have discovered the manager itself. Unfortunately despite there being no problems reported by the SMH, iLO2 or version control agent all the status indicators are showing as major (orange triangle).

Any help much appreciated.

Nick
7 REPLIES 7
shocko
Honored Contributor

The status is not real-time. Are there uncleared major/critical events in the event tab?
If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
Computer Centre

Fraid not, I have cleared all outstanding entries, I have also tried reidentifying the system to force it to pick up the current status.
simonwirral
Advisor

Have you check the IML? if there is still an un repaired entry the system status will still show error, even if the fault has been fixed.

hope it help.
is there more to this box of bits???
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

The SW icon is updated by the SW Polling Task. You can rerun that any time.

Have you set up the Version Control Agent to talk to a Version Control Repository Manager and selected a Baseline PSP?
Have you configured the system Management Homepage to be trusted?

What actually happens when you click on the HW and SW icons in HPSIM?
Computer Centre

First of all thanks for your responses and sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

As regards the IML I have cleared the IML entries so that isn't the problem.

As regards the SW icon, well that particular icon isn't a problem, it is green and just so you know, yes, we have set up the version control agent and assigned a Baseline PSP. And the SMH is trusted by certificate.

The problem is with the HS and MP icons and seems to be related to the unused NIC on the system, but I have configured the SMH to ignore the second NIC and as such the SMH itself shows an overall green status. But the manager HS column still displays the orange major icon. When I hover the mouse over this icon it does not elaborate. The MP icon is orange which is just reflecting the HS status of the iLO2 which, when you hover the icon over it says: - SNMP Pass-through date from host, Network - A network interface has failed or redundancy has been lost.
MikeWachholz
Occasional Advisor

Hi! I was just wondering if you ever reached  a resolution on this issue? I'm having similar problems so I'm looking for an answer....

Thanks!
Mike

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Hi,

If the NIC is disconnected; just disable it in the OS? The error will go away then...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !