5190 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SIM 6 Install issue - Database Configuration issue

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dave Duke

SIM 6 Install issue - Database Configuration issue

While installing SIM 6 I am having an issue when trying to connect to an existing SQL server. We are running SQL2k5 Standard edition. The account has full rights to SQL database and is a local admin on the server and a local admin on the server (W2K8) which SIM 6 is being installed.

The error i am getting is...

"HP Insight Software Installer

The service credentials do not have permission to access the database. Database access is required when performing an installation or upgrade Insight Control server deployment."

This error message displays on the Database configuration page.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Dave
7 REPLIES 7
BPE
Esteemed Contributor

Are you able to create a database and create and drop tables in your SQL2k5 environment if you login with the user you specified in the database selection form during the sim installation?
Indra2410
Advisor
Solution

Can you please try adding the user to "Sysadmin" role.
Dave Duke

May 12, 2010 21:09:16 GMT points for answer: Unassigned 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are you able to create a database and create and drop tables in your SQL2k5 environment if you login with the user you specified in the database selection form during the sim installation?

Indra2410 May 13, 2010 02:23:27 GMT points for answer: Unassigned 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can you please try adding the user to "Sysadmin" role.

Hello,

Indra - the account has the Sysadmin role already.

bpe - yes if i login to the database using the credentials for SIM i can create a new database and add tables inside of it!

Anything else to try?

Thanks

Dave
BPE
Esteemed Contributor

Hello Dave

I do not remember the exact name for it and I have no access to your maschines until monday. It could be the transport configuration for the database access. As far as I remember something is mention in the installation documents.

BPE
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

Hi Dave, are you installing SIM or Insight software DVD?
Do you need "Insight Control server deployment"? I guess you just interested in SIM.
if yes then just install HPSIM from DVD, its there in DVD hpsim folder (setup.exe).

just confirm me also if you have confusion?
Dave Duke

Hi all,

Just to let you know i have now resolved this. It was down to the admin role being used. Although i had assigned sysadmin to the account for this it never worked but when i used our normal sysadmin account it did. I created a new account and assigned permissions again and it worked. Strange one but thanks for the help

Regards

Dave
Dave Duke

Completed