HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM 7.0 - Unable to Clear "major" status

MaxSys
Occasional Advisor

SIM 7.0 - Unable to Clear "major" status

Hi All,

Just an extremely annoying issue I've run into with a SIM7.0 Installation.

There is a certain server that has been reporting a "major" MP and HS status for over a week.  I can't see anything in any of the logs or events to point to any issue, and all I can get from SIM is on mouse-over in the Management Processor status it says "SNMP Passthrough data from [SERVER]"

Another is also reporting a "NIC has lost redundancy" error, even though only 1 interface is enabled.

I've cleared all Integrated Management and iLO logs on the iLo (iLO 1 on a DL380 G4) and done a reidentify, but it still keeps showing this phantom Major status.

Maybe I'm missing something, but is there some secret area that actually shows what errors are being reported?  Because every time I've come across any errors so far it's always a game of Hide & Seek to figure out what it's actually reporting on - shouldn't this be the function of "Events", and you know, the whole point of this system?

3 REPLIES
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Re: SIM 7.0 - Unable to Clear "major" status

Hi,

Is the server reporting the error a Windows server?

If so, check the Systems Management Homepage (https://servername:2381) and check for issues/errors

Other possibility is to check the Integrated Management Log Viewer (somewhere in the Start menu under HP...) for events that are not cleared...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
MaxSys
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the tips Bart, but I've already covered all the basics.  There is no error being reported by the SMH or iLO, and also no uncleared events in any of the logs (or Events in SIM)

That's why this is so frustrating.  It's like something is intentionally hidden or referencing an outdated log.

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

NIC has lost redundancy... Does this mean that a NIC team is created? Can U check the NCU utility for errors?

What about versions of agents and SMH and so?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !