Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM 7.1 - SW version info wrong - not matching client VCA

TrevorT
Occasional Advisor

SIM 7.1 - SW version info wrong - not matching client VCA

This post was originally posted here.

 

Separate issue, but it results from the work I did in the previous post.  I may create a new topic / thread for this...

 

Now that serverone and servertwo are reporting, I see some big differences between the SW reported in HP SIM and the software reported in the local server's VCA.

 

On the VCA page, it looks more or less like I expect.  Some of the software is very old.  It shows updated versions of the software in the "psp" column.  In the "latest" column there is software listed that's even more up to date than the PSP for some items.

 

serverone and servertwo are the same hardware, same OS, somewhat differeing software versions.

 

In the HP SIM software tab for the server, there are some issues:

  • for servertwo (has newer vca agent, I had issues getting it working) - the 'latest version' column shows newer software than PSP column - which seems correct.
  • for serverone (older VCA, easier to get it working) - the 'latest version' column shows the same version as the PSP column.  wrong.
  • for both servers, HP SIM lists no software available for the HP System Management Homepage. The homepage is version: 3.x on serverone, 7.1.0.17 on servertwo.
  • no updates for online rom flash updates (that may be a limitation of SIM, SIM can't push them maybe?)

 

2 REPLIES
shocko
Honored Contributor

Re: SIM 7.1 - SW version info wrong - not matching client VCA

I have the same issue and I'm looking into it.

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
TrevorT
Occasional Advisor

Re: SIM 7.1 - SW version info wrong - not matching client VCA

I had the below item checked for my configuration on my problem servers (serverone).

 

"When checked, software status is based on installed software's version matching exactly that software's version in the Reference Support Pack"

 

I went back and reconfigured it, unchecking this.  Then I reran the discovery task.  I didn't restart any services or mess with the certificate I had imported from serverone onto the VCRM server.

 

 It made no difference - still  broken.