1752290 Members
4919 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

SIM 7.2 Dell hardware monitoring

BuddyD
Frequent Advisor

SIM 7.2 Dell hardware monitoring

OK, finally found a recent doc that lists a number of MIB's needed to monitor Dell hardware from SIM 7.2. There appears to be a problem with compiling the *DRAC* mibs due to syntax errors within the .mib file.

c:\Program Files\HP\Systems Insight Manager\mibs>mcompile iDRAC-SMIv2.mib

HP Systems Insight Manager Mib Compiler, Version 5.0.2.1
Copyright (c) 2003-2006 Hewlett Packard Corporation

Compiling iDRAC-SMIv2.mib

Line: 6123: Error defining object: found ::=SEQUENCE
Mib compilation failed.

Has anyone had a similiar problem and/or been able to get it resolved?

Thanks in advance!

BuddyD

4 REPLIES 4
PZel
Trusted Contributor

Re: SIM 7.2 Dell hardware monitoring

I only found this site, maybe its is helpfull ... (but is not mention idrac-smiV2, but rachost)

http://rcmtech.wordpress.com/2012/02/09/import-dell-snmp-mibs-into-hp-systems-insight-manager-hp-sim/

Maybe it helps ...

PZ
HPSIM-AMG
Regular Visitor

Hi BuddyD,

I had the same trouble.

Open the mib file in a text editor. Just remove the space between ::= and SEQUENCE. Replace ::=SEQUENCE by ::= SEQUENCE . Than, you'll be able to compile your iDRAC-SMIV1.MIB file and to registrate your iDRAC-SMIV1.CFG file.

Following procedure http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/systems-management/w/wiki/3916.agent-free-monitoring-of-dell-poweredge-12th-generation-servers-using-idrac7-in-hp-systems-insight-manager.aspx , I have the problem that I cannot see any MIB variabel names in the MIB definition file iDRAC-SMIV1.MIB.

Let me know what the result is.

Success !

Sknarfm
Visitor

Just replying to this old thread, I had to ADD a space between ::= and SEQUENCE. There was no space already and I was receiving the compliler error. Once I inserted a space it compiled fine.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction guys.

BuddyD
Frequent Advisor

Better late than never, I hope.

Genius!! This fixed the compilation issue, thanks so much and a thousand apologies for the "late" response!!

Buddy