SIM 7.2 - Health status does not show everything

SOLVED
Go to solution
Guillaule
Frequent Advisor

SIM 7.2 - Health status does not show everything

Hi

i've the following issue :

On some servers (Windows HP Proliant DL380 G7) under Health status\SNMP i can see a lot of servers elements (see Attachement 1.gif, some are of course specific to this server like FC ..)

But on others servers i can only see 4 element see attachement 2.gif.

If i follow  the Management Hompepage link, i can see others element like NIC, ILO, Storage, System which are not show under Health Status, see attachement 3.gif

Therefore, for example if a server have a storage problem (that's was my case), there is now warning or crtical Health status, the server stay to "Normal"!

I have install the last agents, rediscover, reconfigure Agent then re-identufy systems. The only minor problem during discover is " Minor: HP SIM can access the system(s) WMI data, but it cannot access all the system information."

Do you have the same behavior ?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: SIM 7.2 - Health status does not show everything

Hello Guilaule,

You can use snmp as a datasource in the System Management page under setting datasource or wbem. Wben will work as a datasource without config, snmp needs the right credentials and management agent for the local SMH.

Remotely you have to configure a user that has admin rights or dcom and WMI right to get the system information. Snmp is more simpel in that way. But Hp recomends using wbem on Windows 2008 and above. Storage hb info is only available when using wbem.

So in short Smh returns the info depending on the datasource. The Insight manager page shows info for as discovered procols. So that could be snmp, wbem or both.

Kind regards,

Andrew
Kind regards,

Andrew
jim goodman
Trusted Contributor
Solution

gif2 and gif3 are the same server?

The agent data source is set to SNMP in the SMH, so your System page ought to display the status of all of the various system agents running on the server.

I'd double check your SNMP properties and make sure your CMS is properly represented and that there is no policy, network profile or server firewall blocking the SNMP.

Guillaule
Frequent Advisor

Hi everyone

I only use SNMP, DATA source = SNMP

Agents are installed, SNMP is configured (SIM trap destination, allow SNMP packet from SIM, READ community), there is no firewall on the server or iniside our LAN

The user for discovery and Agent configuration is member of local Administrators

And yes gif2 and gif 3, same server. that 's the problem on the health status, i see just few element while on the SMH the SNMP discovery protocol can retrieve all information

I ll try with WBEM

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

If you install the wbem agent the source of the SMH should automaticly switch to wbem. If you have windows 2008 wbem is preferred. Don't forget to set the wbem subscription under tools or a repair of the server.

Kind regards,

Andrew

Kind regards,

Andrew
Guillaule
Frequent Advisor

Hi

In deed, with WBEM agent, i can see more information, disale ILO ....

Thanks a lot !! :)