New Discussion

SIM 7.2 : SQL login failure after migrating the CMS to a new AD domain

SOLVED
Go to solution
OlivierV
Trusted Contributor

SIM 7.2 : SQL login failure after migrating the CMS to a new AD domain

Hello.

We recently migrated (not simply joined) our CMS server from AD domain DomA to domain DomB using a quest console. The HP sim service was using DomA\user to start, the service is now using DomB\user, with the same password.

Today, for a reason I ignore the web site was unavailable even if the HP sim service was starting.

In the mxdomainmgr.0.log, there was these error :

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Cannot open database "Insight_v50_0_11374566" requested by the login. The login failed.

org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (java.sql.SQLException: Cannot open database "Insight_v50_0_11374566" requested by the login. The login failed.)

The SQL log shows that the CMS is still trying to use DomA\user to connect to the SQL DB despite I changed all the references to the DomA domain in the following files according to a HP white paper I found :

database.admin
database.props
databaseadminupd.tpl
databaseupdate.tpl
globalsettings.props

The HP Sim service is also updated to use DomB\user and starts.

Rebooting the server doesn't solve the issue.

I just added back DomA\user account in the SQL DB access list and HP SIM loads successfully again.

But DomA will be disconnected in a few weeks and the problem will get back.

I searched the files for an occurence of DomA\user but didn't find any.

Is there an other place than the aboves files where I should change the credentials to connect to the SQL DB ?

Or a command I should use to update this ? I gave a look at the MX commands but didn't find one that could help me.

Regards.

1 REPLY 1
OlivierV
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: SIM 7.2 : SQL login failure after migrating the CMS to a new AD domain