6070 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SIM 7.4 Memory leaking

SvilenSul
Occasional Advisor

SIM 7.4 Memory leaking

Hello,

We have HP SIM 7.4 with the latest hotfix (May 2015) installed on 2008 R2 x64 VM. We also have HP VCRM installed there. The problem: HP SIM eats all memory. We went from 4, to 8  and 12 GBs. I`ve never seen such a behaviour...Every day we have to restart the HP SIM service. When we stop the service the memory goes from 12 to 1.4....

I understand that HP struggles with software writing, so I would like to know if there is a fix or something. Because this is not acceptable behavior. 

7 REPLIES 7
lakshmana1
Frequent Advisor

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello, What is the procces that eats your memory ? hpsmhd or mxdomainmgr.exe ?
Kind regards,

Andrew
SvilenSul
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

lakshmana1 - it looks like the link is not working.

Andrew,

It`s the mxdomainmgr.exe that eats everything. 

BR,

Svilen

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>it looks like the link is not working.

The link is broken because it contains a trailing comma.  It can be fixed by using Post Options > Edit Reply:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ITRC-HP-Systems-Insight-Manager/Version-Control-Repository-Manager-7-2-2-eats-up-all-memory/td-p/6298153

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello, The post mentioned here is more about the VCRM/ HPSMH that's eating your memory. Is this case this the mxdomainmgr. This is the main SIM EXE file. So this would suggest it's not the same error. Could be a database problem, check your mxdomainmgr.log in the logs directory in the SIM installation directory. The other thing could be that you get a lot of events. Did you check the events under Shared > Events by Severity > All Events. You could also have a look in the traps folder under the SIM installation folder. There could be a lot of traps waiting to be proccesed.
Kind regards,

Andrew
SvilenSul
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Andrew. I checked the trap folder and it`s empy. The log file contains only few errors and warnings, but I guess only suppor can say if these are bad. 

I`m aware that having too much data in terms of nodes, events, etc.. could cause issue, but we don`t have that many. About 300 nodes and I`ve setup events  older than 2 weeks to be deleted.

After restart it behavious propely (taking only 1 or 2 GBs) until I decided to crete a colletion based on attributes. It eat the entire memory for just half a minute, but during that time SIM did not show the attributes I can filter on. Now when it took the whole memory and I want to create new collection based on attributes, I can immediatelly filter by attributes.

So I guess after  I want to do something which involves dynamic information, I have to restart the service.. 

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

What dows the collection filter look like ?

Kind regards,

Andrew