7072 Online
108808 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SIM Auto login

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mike Bahr

SIM Auto login

Is it possible to open up the SIM console and have it log in automatically? I'm on version 5.1 and thought maybe there should be a way to pass the user name and password into the url.
7 REPLIES 7
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

I've a feeling someone did come up with a way of doing something like this in an earlier version.
You could try searching the forums.
Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor

hi,

Follow this link,

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1035182

I think you could follow this also for username and password.

Rgds,

Albert
Jimmy Rueedi
Frequent Advisor

Is there also a posibility to use the actual logged on user to log on to HP SIM?
(in fact: Passing Logon informations using the current NT Domain Login)

Would make sense, I mean, doesn't it?

Regards Jimmy
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

There is no real link between the logged-in context of an interactive user in Windows that is preserved into the web browser context automatically. There are add-on products in the Identity Management field that will link that transition, but might need some custom work to link to HP SIM.
Mike Bahr

I modified the login.jsp to pre-populate the domain which is somewhat helpful. (from the thread "AD Login - Can I preset Domain?" In doing that it occurred to me that one could pre-populate the user name and password as well.

Would it be possible to create a second site or login page that had those values populated? Then you could direct your regular users to the default url, and use the modified url for instances where you want the auto login.

Jimmy Rueedi
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Because HP doesn't support single sign on technologies which are takin' currently logged on user info and pass it to HP SIM, I have written a little VB Script to do a automatic login to HP SIM using a predefined User:

To get it work you have to modify the following lines in the section "Constants":
-*-*-*- snip -*-*-*-
Const strURL = "https://hpsim.domain.com:50000"
Const strUser = "unprivilegedUser"
Const strPW = "unprivilegedPassword"
Const strDomain = "NETBIOS-DOMAIN"
-*-*-*- snip -*-*-*-

This script is provided "as is" with no warranty or support at all.
Maybe you find it helpful.

I would like to suggest ciphering the script as a vbe. It is not a high secure solution but I think with an unprivileged user, it could be answerable.
We are using it for a monitoring station displaying the systems statusses.

Maybe here are some developer, which can optimize the script?

Regards Jimmy
P.S: @HP: IExplorer supports Passing logon information to the application, just look how Reporting Server is working....
Mike Bahr

I think that vb script will work for us for our monitoring station. Thanks.