1752794 Members
6825 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

SIM Capacity

echeadle2
Occasional Contributor

SIM Capacity

I took over repsonsiblity for SIM from someone a month ago.  I have just started working with it and have a question about capacity and handling of Support Packs in the Version control manager.

How many componets can a VCRM s handle? I am trying to understand how to manage the Repository.

It seems like SIM has a real problem when the componets reach about 2000

Do people keep only one support pack at a time, when a new one comes out do you delete the old one?

I am constantly baby sitting the SIM server and Version Control Repository Manager, so I am trying to figure out how people use it successfully.

How many componets can the VCRM handle?  

2 REPLIES 2
KK
HPE Pro

Re: SIM Capacity

Hi,

There is no as such capacity of VCRM. A VCRM can handle multiple SPPs/ components based on the disk storage assigned to it.

As the more components get included in repository, the catalogue size increases. A

If you are using HPE SIM and VCRM, you can have multple repositories.

Based on the product portfolio and OS base, one can download the required componets only or upload through SPP.

If you are facing any issues with existing VCRM, make sure that you update it to the latest version. Make sure that you are running with latest version of VCRM, SMH, SIM.

Archive the old or non used bundles/ basline packs/ SPP.

Refer the VCRM user guide for more information and usage.

Regards,

KK

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo
echeadle2
Occasional Contributor

Re: SIM Capacity

The person who passed the system to me had it for six years.   He had issues with the database whenever it grew passed about 2400 components. Adding a new SPP could take up to a week.   

I have just started looking into in and upgraded SIM. Now I am upgrading the OS etc and trying to get a handle on it.  But I have had to empty the repository because it would spike to over 95% utilization for several days and become unusable.

So I have started to try and figure out why this software has so many issues.   Was it implementation etc....

I would assume that it has to be something we are doing, I cannot believe the system can only handle 1 SPP. 

My issue right now is that no one at HPE can figure out why I cannot download any SPP.  It has been two weeks.  Most of that time was due to the holidays, but it has slowed down work on this issue.