1752590 Members
3828 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: SIM Contract and Warranty Status feature not working

James Conaway
Occasional Advisor

SIM Contract and Warranty Status feature not working

I have a server that is under the original 3 year HP manfactuer warranty that expires this October.

I have configured the server systems properties with the product number and it automatically has the serial number pulled.

There is no contract information that I can find for this server so I need to know if these two pieces of information are enough to get the "Contract and Warranty Status" feature to work?

There is a HP warranty check website that allows me to see the warranty information with these two pieces of informaton so I am hopeful this is all I need to get this to work.

Any ideas?
10 REPLIES 10
James Conaway
Occasional Advisor

Here is the info when I click on the status icon. According to this info it should be working.

---------------------------------------------
Contract and Warranty information is not available for this system.

HP Systems Insight Manager (HP SIM) and Service Essentials Remote Support Pack were unable to obtain contract or warranty data for this system. This can happen for several reasons.

HP SIM was not able to obtain a serial number and/or product ID from the system.
Only HP hardware with HP agents may have this. Make sure HP management agents and providers are properly installed and configured.
Not all HP hardware supports this feature. You can manually enter a serial number and if available, a product ID on the Set System Properties page. This page can be reached from the system page's Tools & Links tab > Edit System Properties or from Options > System Properties > Set System Properties.
Rancher
Honored Contributor

In Sims, go to Options, Contract and Warranty Data Collection. Run this for the servers you don't have the information. THen it should show up.
James Conaway
Occasional Advisor

Just did that. Here is what I received in the status:

There was a problem processing the request. Verify the Remote Support Client service is running, properly configured and that the HP SIM server has access to the internet.

1. Verify the Remote Support Client service is running = It is.

2. properly configured = Not so sure.

3. the HP SIM server has access to the internet = Positive ok
James Conaway
Occasional Advisor

I checked "Remote Support Configuration and Services" and the contact information has been registered and I ran a succesful communications test. I picked the system in question and ran "run remote support entitlement check now" and the result was:

Retrieved Entitlement Details
No RSEC results available in the OOS datastore.

I wonder what that means?
Gareth H Wilson
Frequent Advisor

the servers are correctly registered on HP i take it if you go into your profile and click

view support agreements, care packs and warranties

??
Lobus

James, did you find any solution for your problem?
James Conaway
Occasional Advisor

Wow, you are hopeful. Almost two years ago thread. Let me think back....

I never got the opportunity to continue working on this issue. If I remember correctly I never got it fixed.

Sorry I can't help.
Kostantin Pavlidis
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

We are facing similar issues. We have HP SIM v. 7.3 installed, with Insight Remote Support Advanced 5.80 on a Win2008R2 virtual machine (VMware/ ESXi 5.x).

Issue No1:

The Contract Warranty Information is properly displayed for servers that were existing before the upgrade, but for newlly-added servers we have this blue question mark. This could be related to the upgrade actions - but I am not 100%  sure as we did not spot the issue immediately. The strange thing is that most of the new systems are properly listed in the Remote Support System List (https://localhost:2381/isee/isee-entitlement.php).

I say most because...and we go to issue No2...

our HP "VC FlexFabric 10Gb/24-Port Module"s and  "HP Virtual Connect 8Gb 24-Port FC Module"s (yes, we have several c7000 enclosures) are not listed in the Remote Support List or WEBES (System Event Analyzer) at all. The only modules we managed to get discovered/ visible in RSA are the "HP VC Flex-10 Enet Module", the onboard administrators and the c7000 enclosures themselves. Of course all ProLiant blades are visible in RSA too...

schwengels
Advisor

Hello,

I had the same exact problem and found that SIM 7.3 is NOT compatible with IRSA 5.8.0! See Page 51 in the "HP Insight Remote Support Advanced Release Notes for version A.05.80.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.BINARYPORTLET/public/kb/docDisplay/resource.process/?spf_p.tpst=kbDocDisplay_ws_BI&spf_p.rid_kbDocDisplay=docDisplayResURL&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&spf_p.rst_kbDocDisplay=wsrp-resourceState%3DdocId%253Demr_na-c03536813-12%257CdocLocale%253D&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken

It states - "Important-Insight Remote Support Advanced A.05.80 support for HP SIM stopped at SIM version 7.2. HP SIM 7.3 is not supported. SIM 7.3 will only be supported with Insight RS 7.x, and customers who require HP SIM 7.3 will have to install Insight RS 7.0.9 or later."

Although, I talked to IRSA support and they indicated to me that the contract and warranty piece is not in 7.0.9 yet and is only supported by 5.80. The only option or resolution would be to reinstall HP SIM 7.2. Supposedly, version 7.1 will include this functionality and be the full replacement for 5.80, but they could not give me a date for it's release.