4865 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SIM Data Collection Report

RGI_Support
Occasional Advisor

SIM Data Collection Report

Hi everybody,
i simply want to collect hw info of my servers with "Data Collection Report".

Using the discovery over ILO2 ip address i get comlete hw info from servers like "DL385 G5" but on reports from "BL465c G1" the data collection is incomplete. In attach .zip with both report examples.

I have done firmware update with Firmware Maintenance CD 9.20B. What's the problem on "BL465c G1" servers?

- SIM Version:
6.2 - Linux
- BL465c G1 Version:
System ROM (A13 12/08/2009)
ILO2 Firmware (2.01 08/04/2010)
5 REPLIES 5
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Has the ILO been associated with the server in HPSIM?
Can you report on the server directly?
Sathya Shankar K A

Hi,
The ilo Data collection report would ideally have very few sections like the one showed for 10.73.247.140 which is the correct behavior. The report for 10.73.247.134 seems to me like a server data collection report. The presence of sections like fans,disk drives in fact supports the argument that it is a server report. Could you attach the system page for both nodes? If possible try to delete both the nodes and its associated devices and check if the problem is re-producible after fresh discovery of the systems.
RGI_Support
Occasional Advisor

Hi,
every server can be reached and report correctly by is System Management Homepage on port 2381.

But what i'm doing is single discovery for every server, targeting only the single ILO2 ip for each server.
After discovery, every server appear in the System list with 2 rows: one as Management Processor and one as Server (see attachment),
nothing of strange in this.

What i can't understand is why the data collection report for the DL385 is complete and for the BL465c not. I'm not doing direct report on the servers, i'm using exclusively ILO2 addresses. Probably the ILO2 of DL385 is doing it individually in some way but how?
RGI_Support
Occasional Advisor

I have find the solution:

the snmp on BL465c server was not correctly configured to reach SIM server.

Thanks for the help.
RGI_Support
Occasional Advisor

the snmp on BL465c server was not correctly configured to reach SIM server.