5486 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

SIM Database Move

M_Sherratt
Occasional Contributor

SIM Database Move

Hi

I am new to this piece of software and am after some help.

The DB team have moved the SIM DB from one SQL server to another.

I was told everything was exactly the same and I just needed to modify the config files as per the instructions:-

database.props, database.admin, databaseadminupd.tpl, databaseupdate.tpl and hpsim-ds.xml

I carried out the modifications and restarted the SIM service and got the pop up box "Waiting for the HP Systems Insight Manager Web Server". This just hangs.

Anyway I went home and overnight the problem has fixed itself and SIM is now working. I need to find out why this happened so I have been going through various logs and notice that overnight I have a lot of MXInitutil messages and then SIM kicks back into life. Am I thinking that maybe I need to re-initialize the database after it has been moved using the mxinitconfig -a command?

Thanks in advance for any help

Matt

2 REPLIES 2
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: SIM Database Move

Hello Matt,

It could be that the move was made when HP SIM was still running when the move was done. When this is the case it is possible that a rollback was needed. This can take some time. Please look at mxdomainmgr.log (the file can be called somewhat different with a 1 behind it) for SQL logrules.

Kind regards,

Andrew
Kind regards,

Andrew
M_Sherratt
Occasional Contributor

Re: SIM Database Move

Thankyou for the help, I will check the log file and post my findings.