1753766 Members
5380 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

SIM Database naming convention

smamm
Occasional Advisor

SIM Database naming convention

Is there any way of predicting the exact name that a SIM 7.3 installation will use for its automatically created database?

Here's the problem:    My organization requires pre-existing authorization for the existance of the database and the account rights that are assigned to it.    The name must be exact.

SIM's install doesn't allow for name editing though.  I read another forum post that mentioned "Insight_Vxx_x_date_and_time" format, but the exact timestamp (if that detailed) would be dependent on how long the install takes.  

1 REPLY 1
Brad Cunningham
Trusted Contributor

Re: SIM Database naming convention

I don't know a way of renaming the DB at creation time  but here's what I have done in the past for situations like yours.

Install SIM wil the local SQL database with its own naming convention. Renname the database to whatever name you choose after it the schema and initial population has been completed.

Once the DB is renamed them move it to your external instance.

Below is a link that explains how to move the database. It also points out the files that have to be modified. These files also contain the entries for the database name

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.BINARYPORTLET/public/kb/docDisplay/resource.process/?spf_p.tpst=kbDocDisplay_ws_BI&spf_p.rid_kbDocDisplay=docDisplayResURL&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&spf_p.rst_kbDocDisplay=wsrp-resourceState%3DdocId%253Demr_na-c03225518-3%257CdocLocale%253D&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken

regards

brad