108811 Solutions
New Discussion

SIM - Discovery failure

SOLVED
Go to solution
Fab_3
Frequent Advisor

SIM - Discovery failure

I have a strange trouble in discovery function. I have two servers (Proliant 5500 with NT4-Sp6a) in two separate subnet. When i SIM 50 perform discovery of server A, the server is correctly inserted in database with all data but with a inconsistent information the server appears with two IP address, one is right other is ip address of server B!!
Same problem occurs when is performed the discovery on server B.
I have checked servers network configuration, DNS, WINS but all seem correct. I don't found any indication about the problem. Uninstall e install of last PSP (6.30a) has not provide results.
Anyone has an idea about my problem ?
1 REPLY 1
Mickey Agee
Occasional Contributor
Solution

Re: SIM - Discovery failure

Sounds like you covered the bases I would have checked right away, but if you dont mind, lets re-visit.

Check your DNS tables for any dis jointed conventions. If you have dual ethernet cards, do you have them multi-homed? Are you "teaming". If you have multiple ports and you are only using one of them, try disabling the other. Also try flushing your DNS using c:\ipconfig /flushdns and then use c:\ipconfig /registerdns. Also, try shutting down one of the servers and see if you get the same results. Also try doing a c:\tracert "servername" and see what that tells you. Try a c:\ping -a "servername" and see what comes back.

I hope if I have not provided you the right answer that hopefully I trigger something for you in the right direction. Good luck and let me know what the answer was for you.

Have a great Weekend.

Mickey